[OS X Emacs] how to make Command-V overwrite highlighted regions again?

David Romano dromano at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 16 22:01:36 EDT 2019

I must have inadvertently disabled this behavior and I'm not sure how to
get it back.  All I found on searching for a solution were mentions of
smartparens interfering with delete-selection-mode, but
delection-selection-mode is on, and I can delete a region by hitting
delete, and I don't use smartparens.  The problem is that when I try to
overwrite a region by pasting, this just results in the clipboard contents
being inserted after the region.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David