[OS X Emacs] Verifying Aquamacs

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:30:30 EDT 2020

Hi,

Yesterday, after starting up Aquamacs, there was no progress window
[Verifying Aquamacs.app]. I tried:
Aquamacs > Check for Updates...

It used to reply that Aquamacs is the newest current version (or prompt for
updating). But, this time, there was no such a message. Instead, I got a
message (which I can't exactly quote) in a new buffer of Aquamacs, stating
something like what Arthur quotes, about the certificate, and prompting me
with a question weather to proceed. There were three options. It was not
quite clear to me how to select one of them: each option was given in a
word starting with a capital letter. I tried to select the one that looked
reasonable to me, by hitting the corresponding letter. I'm not sure I
remember exactly the choices. Perhaps I selected Accept (or Proceed), by [A]
([P]).
This morning, by startng up Aquamacs,:

- I got the progress window [Verifying Aquamacs.app], for about a minute
- While Aquamacs is still with the scratch buffer, I've tried several times:
Aquamacs > Check for Updates...

There is no reasonable message by Aquamacs.app. I get in the Command line:
Mark set

As a test, I moved away my .emacs file (in which I have only some code
about clipboard, cursor-type, and electric-pair-pairs), and
customizations.el. This doesn't change the above response for Check for
Updates...

Now, I still  can't figure out what causes the progress window [Verifying
Aquamacs.app], and am also puzzled about the response for Check for
Updates...

Best Regards,
Roussanka