[OS X Emacs] Check Spelling for English and Bulgarian in Aquamacs

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 07:35:52 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 1:12 PM Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> > Am 13.7.2020 um 02:25 schrieb Roussanka Loukanova <rl.stpuu at gmail.com>:
> >
> > (3) After I fix (1)-(2), I would like to have Aquamacs with spell
> checking Swedish (Svenska).
> >
> You need to define your own local functions to switch between languages
> (switching itself can be done by file local variables). Inside this you
> need to name the files that will save your own words in this, that, any
> other language.

I hope this is done in Aquamacs. At least it has worked for English,
problem (1), out of the box, by installing it.  But also, now I do not want
to engage in such definitions, when Aquamacs had been working wonderfully
well, for years, up to the last days, after trials with cocoAspell.

I would somewhat prefer to refrain from defining local functions, even for
(2). New upgrades can unpredictably interfere with them, esp., if one
forgets about them.

> For the other problem: Launch Xcode and install the Command Line Tools.

My MacAir can't take that because it has too little space. There was a way
to install only the "make" portion, which doesn't work any longer, from
Terminal, by the command:
make --version

Thanks. I hope for more practical solutions to these problems.

Best Regards,
Roussanka