[OS X Emacs] latex + dvips + ps2pdf from Aquamacs

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Mon Nov 2 10:09:58 EST 2020

Pete,

> On Nov 2, 2020, at 09:42, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:
>

>> Am 2.11.2020 um 14:03 schrieb Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at math.fsu.edu>:
>>
>> /etc/paths
>> /etc/zprofile
>> /etc/zshrc
>> ~/.zshenv
>> ~/.zshrc
>> ~/.zprofile
>> ~/.profile
>>
>> And (unlikely)
>>
>> ~/.login
>
> None of these files is read when some macOS application is launched.

I didn’t say they are.

The point is that when you click, it inherits the environment from (I think) the WindowServer, and it (or further upstream) will have executed a login shell. One should see whether in her case the login shell’s environment is sane, or there’s something going on with Aquamacs.

My Aquamacs reports /usr/local/bin and Roussanka doesn’t. But it does work when she launches it from a Terminal instance  (which does not run a login shell, by default).

The variable to eliminate is whether there’s something odd with the limited login shell startup that corrupts the path synthesized by /usr/libexec/path_helpe. (man zshall).

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *   http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu