[OS X Emacs] Question about with-current-window on Aquamacs

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Jan 3 11:34:24 EST 2023

Another question about Aquamacs and
[SLY](https://github.com/joaotavora/sly):

SLY has constructs called stickers, implemented as overlays on code. As
code is executed the values of the code snippets are logged and then one
can replay them in a special buffer. For more details, see [this page in
the SLY manual](http://joaotavora.github.io/sly/#Stickers).

My problem (also recorded in [this sly
issue](https://github.com/joaotavora/sly/issues/554) is that when I
press a key in the sticker replay buffer, it should highlight the
corresponding piece of the code in the source buffer.  And, indeed, it
does that correctly.  **But** instead of leaving the cursor in the
replay buffer, the cursor is left in the source code buffer, which is
bad because it makes it hard to move back and forth in the history and
because inappropriate keystrokes get inserted into the source code.

The full details of the code are in [the sly
issue](https://github.com/joaotavora/sly/issues/554), but the gist seems
to be that the sly function's use of `display-buffer` or
`with-selected-window` does not function correctly.

I wonder if this could be another interaction with Aquamacs.  Note that
this is happening to me across frames (source buffer in one frame,
sticker replay buffer in another), in case it's related to the issue of
multiple frames (which maybe work differently on Aquamacs?).  Note that
I do *not* use one-buffer one-frame mode.

Thanks for any advice!