[Mac OS X TeX] Re: Mac TeX/LaTeX Web Site

Marc Parizeau parizeau at mac.com
Wed Aug 29 00:19:08 EDT 2001

Hi!

I've just installed TexShop 1.12 on MacOS 10.0.4. Everything seems to
work fine when I typeset using pdftex. However, the TeX and Ghostscript
typeset option produces no output. When I click on the Latex button, the
error console opens but remains empty and nothing happens. I've also
tried to open an eps file and nothing happens. I guess there must be
something wrong with my installation but what could it be???

As instructed, I've installed the new teTex and ghostscript (over the
old). I didn't changed the "engine" settings. They point to:

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
pdftex
pdflatex
altpdftex
altpdflatex

respectivelly. From a terminal, I've tried to run altpdflatex on a sample
file and it worked fine (producing both a .dvi and a .pdf).

So does anyone have any idea on what could be the problem?

Many thanks in advance,
--
Marc Parizeau

"help" (no quotes) in the body.