[Mac OS X TeX] Re: colourful syntax

Michel Durinx durinx at rulsfb.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Aug 9 06:11:20 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>> I am not sure what the defaults are!
To find out what the value is for the nine colour variables: write in
the terminal

defaults read texshop markerred

etc etc.  I do not know what the original ones are as I keep changing
them.
When upgrading (v.1.11 to 1.12), the coloursettings are not reset to
their defaults,
so I have no idea what they were. Someone who didn't fiddle with them
can tell.
And indeed, I also objected to the painful green.
For printing the source code on a black and white laserjet, I use

defaults write TeXShop commentred 1.0
defaults write TeXShop commentblue 0.0
defaults write TeXShop commentgreen 0.5
defaults write TeXShop commandred 0.5
defaults write TeXShop commandblue 0.8
defaults write TeXShop commandgreen 0.0
defaults write TeXShop markerred 0.5
defaults write TeXShop markerblue 0.8
defaults write TeXShop markergreen 0.0

(yes-- same colour for curly brackets as for commands; but only when
printing!)
You can cut and paste the block in one go.
Any better proposals than those?
And for the colourblind?

All the best,
Michel