[Mac OS X TeX] A few LaTeX questions

Norman Gray norman+lists at astro.gla.ac.uk
Sun Aug 5 12:17:37 EDT 2001

Fredrik,

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Fredrik Wallenberg wrote:

> I'm a brand new LaTeX user and am still at the steep front end of the
> learning curve. I have a question that I haven't been able to find good
> answers too in my LaTeX textbooks or elsewhere on the web. Perhaps
> someone here could help me.

The UKTUG TeX FAQ is excellent:

    http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes

> I'm looking for a BiBTeX style that will both allow full name references
> (Wallenberg, 2000) AND include URLs in the bibliography. The Harvard
> style works great for the first part, but does not include any URL
> references. Any suggestions?

The answer

    http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?question=104

seems to address this.  It suggests that the harvard styles do
support URL fields, albeit with typographical limitations.  Do you
perhaps need a more recent version of the harvard style?

All the best,

Norman

Norman Gray                        http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/
Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, UK     norman at astro.gla.ac.uk