[Mac OS X TeX] How to set texhash's path?

Cyril Niklaus cyril.niklaus at bigfoot.com
Mon Aug 13 04:53:41 EDT 2001

<x-flowed iso-8859-1>
On Dimanche, août 12, 2001, at 11:58 , Michael Murray wrote:
Hi all,
[snip]
>> Another problem I have: I just downloaded a new style, and would like
>> Tex to know where it is, so I've put it in  my ~/Library/texmf/, and
>> ran texhash.

[snip]

>> So when I run texhash, this is what I get:
>> [pushpa:~] cyril% texhash
>> texhash: /sw/share/texmf: directory not writable. Skipping...
>> texhash: Updating /var/tmp/texfonts/ls-R...
>> texhash: Done.
>> which is not what I want, of course.

> You need to be root. Try `sudo tcsh' and enter your password
> when required (assuming you have admin privileges).

No this does not cut it either: the only difference is that, when run as
root, /sw/share/texmf is writable, so it doesn't skip this directory.
Thing is, my .sty etc, are in another directory, (ie, ~/Library/texmf).
Should I just go ahead and make a softlink (feels stupid though)?
Thanks,
Cyril

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.