[Mac OS X TeX] opening ps, eps & dvi files from TeXShop

Gérard Degrez degrez at vki.ac.be
Mon Dec 10 03:09:09 EST 2001

>I just tested this with TeXShop 1.13 and it seemed to work at first.
>What I did:
>
>1. Choose File->Open from the menu
>2. navigate to an eps file
>3. Select it.

That's exactly what I did. Now, here is some additional info that I
got from the Console

For ps & eps files, I get the message
MANPATH: Undefined variable.

For dvi files, I get the message
### Skipping latex grfguide.dvi [dvi->pdf only]
### /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/dvips -R -u
+psfonts.map -u +pdftex.map -u +wolfram.map  -o
/tmp/altpdflatex.1857/grfguide.ps grfguide.dvi
Segmentation fault
### FAILED to generate /tmp/altpdflatex.1857/grfguide.ps (139)
So, apparently, the script starts OK but dvips fails.

Any hint on how to solve the problem?

I should like to mention that the dvi & eps files are pre-MacOSX Mac files.

Gérard Degrez