[Mac OS X TeX] Re: paths

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Thu Dec 6 08:05:35 EST 2001

On Wednesday, December 5, 2001, at 11:55 , David R. Morrison wrote:

>> As far as I know, the only distribution that has ever conflicted with
>> my
>> distribution is fink, because it forces itself at the start of the
>> path.
>
> And as pointed out in the previous message, the latest version of fink
> no
> longer does this, because it inserts
>
>    /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
>
> prior to the fink paths (when the system-tetex fink package is
> installed).

Which is good.

That does not solve the conflict between fink an /usr/local/bin, which
is the default location for ghostscript and thus also the location where
my ghostscript is installed. Maybe, David, a system-gs package would be
helpful as well. I have had people contacting me to ask how they could
get fink to accept the gs I ship as they wanted lyx (whatever that is)
and fink says it requires gs for that. But they do not want the fink gs
as it conflicts with Apple's Quartz engine in certain cases.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.