[Mac OS X TeX] How to make a postscript file in MacOS X?

Charles Bouldin charles.bouldin at nist.gov
Tue Jul 10 17:37:01 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>Under MacOS 9.1 I make perfect postscript files by just using the
built in postscript print-to-file in the Laserwriter8 printer driver.
Under MacOS X, the print to file capability prints to a .pdf file. So
what is the universal mechanism to create a .ps file under MacOS X
(without using classic)?

I have a reason for asking. I presently use both TeXShop and Textures
(under classic). I have always created postscript files for Textures
and then embedded them with epsfig or similar macro package. I
recently upgraded GraphicConverter to the carbon version and now I
can't print .ps files because the native
version of GC will only print to .pdf files. So, my technique for
easily getting arbitrary programs to export graphics to Textures is
broken.

I can think of silly workarounds like: Use GC carbon to print to .pdf
file, then open the old Adobe Acrobat under classic, read the .pdf
file and print it to a .ps file and then move that into Textures.
What a kludge!

I am aware of various ps>pdf converters, but is there a MacOS X
utility that converts pdf>ps, with a preview? I am probably
overlooking something obvious here....

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.