[Mac OS X TeX] problems with including graphics

John H. Reppy jhr at research.bell-labs.com
Mon Jul 9 21:45:00 EDT 2001

I am having trouble including some illustrations that I created with
Adobe Illustrator (8.0.1) in a LaTeX document that I am typesetting
using TeXShop (1.11).  I exported the figures as PDF files and I'm using
the \includegraphics command to import them (as suggested in the TeXShop
documentation).

If I preview the PDF files with acroread, they look fine.  But in the
document, they are blank (as they are if I use Preview to look at them).
And if I use acroread to view the file generated by TeXShop, I get the error

	Error while processing a form, type 3 font, or pattern.

I also tried using pdflatex on a Unix machine with the same files
and it works fine.  I can even transfer the resulting PDF file
to my Mac and use Preview to look at it and the illustrations are
okay.

The other strangeness is that the problem only affects some of the
figures, others are included without problem.

Has anyone else seen a problem like this?

	- John

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.