[Mac OS X TeX] pdflatex bug

Lawrence C Paulson Larry.Paulson at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 04:54:30 EDT 2001

Slightly off-topic, but I don't know where to report this problem.

I have spent hours tracking down a problem with a PDF file.  It boils down
to a SINGLE line in the .ind file:

  \item \isa {someI_ex} (theorem, \bold){71}

Here \bold is defined by

  \gdef\bold#1{\textbf{\hyperpage{#1}}}}

Obviously the culprit an incorrect \index entry, but the real worry is that
pdflatex+hyperref doesn't give an error message: it generates bad PDF. or
sometimes crashes (segmentation fault).

Where can I report this pdflatex/hyperref bug?
--
Larry

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.