[Mac OS X TeX] opening .tex files under OS X?

David Firth david.firth at nuffield.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 06:33:12 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>Is there some simple way to tell OS X to open any double-clicked file
whose name is something.tex with a specified application (say BBEdit,
or TeXshop, or whatever)?

I have lots of old files made with Alpha, Textures, ..., and when I
double-click on one of them I don't really want Classic to start up.
Now that we seem to be firmly in the world of filenames with a dot in
them, surely there's some way to exploit what comes after the dot?
Probably it's obvious, just not to me...

Cheers -- David

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.