[Mac OS X TeX] Re: [Textures] Textures and Mac OS X - an editorial

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Fri Jun 1 17:18:52 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>I think my feelings on this issue are more or less in agreement with the
majority of the opinions I've read so far.  But since Gary Gray asked
people to respond I'll state them anyway.
I've been using Textures since I don't know how long (before postscript
CM fonts anyway). But I want to (and soon will need to) make the switch
to OS X. So I've downloaded TeXShop and CMacTeX and starting using them.
I really appreciate the efforts that Richard Koch and Tom Kiffe and
others have put into these applications, and I am grateful to them for
making the results freely available. But I must admit that I miss the
compactness and robustness of Textures. And I especially miss
synchronicity.  I for one would be willing to pay for a carbonized
version ofTextures, but not if synchronicity were dropped.
But such a carbonized version of Textures should not take too long to
become available. Running Textures in Classic is akward  and given my
set up is not really an option anyway. So I guess it might not take that
long before I learn to accept life (well, work ;-) without synchronicity
and make the switch to TeXShop and/or CMacTeX.

Martin Stokhof

----
ILLC/Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Humanities, Universiteit van
Amsterdam
Nieuwe Doelenstraat 15, NL-1012 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands
phone: +31 20 5254540, fax: +31 20 5254503, http:
turing.wins.uva.nl/~stokhof

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.