[Mac OS X TeX] Updated pdftex for CMacTeX

Zachary Davis zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Fri Jun 22 02:07:57 EDT 2001

<x-flowed windows-1252>Friday, 22 June 2001

I downloaded and installed CMacTeX 4.0 as per the instructions on the
CMacTeX Home Page.  The installation created a more user-friendly
CMacTeX_OS X application folder with binaries.  Initially, I had
installed CMacTeX via the terminal when I downloaded Texshop, and I am
wondering if that initial installation can now be deleted, and if so how
do I go about doing just that?

Thanks,

On Thursday, June 21, 2001, at 08:39  PM, Tom Kiffe wrote:

> The pdftex program distributed with CMacTeX has been updated to include
> the
> latest source patches. These patches fix the problems which occurred
> when documents created by pdftex were printed from Acrobat Reader 5.0.
>
> The patched pdftex is only available in the file cmactex_osx.sit.bin
> which
> can be downloaded from the OS X section of the CMacTeX Home Page at
> http://www.kiffe.com/cmactex.html. The CMacTeX User Guide has been
> recreated
> with the patched pdftex and should print from Reader 5.0.
>
> Tom Kiffe

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

Zachary S. Davis
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19032
Arlington, TX 76019

Home:	(817) 272-6418			zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Office:	(817) 272-5269

         “Throughout the centuries there were men who took
          first steps down new roads armed with nothing
          but their own vision.”
                                 -Ayn Rand
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.