[Mac OS X TeX] Re: opening .tex files under OS X?

Johann Beda j-beda at pobox.com
Fri Jun 22 09:45:12 EDT 2001

On 2001/06/21, at 11:33 AM +0100, David Firth wrote:
>Is there some simple way to tell OS X to open any double-clicked file
>whose name is something.tex with a specified application (say BBEdit,
>or TeXshop, or whatever)?

	I think that if you remove the "creator code" (and you can leave
the "type code" alone), you can set the system to open the file according
to the .tex extension.

	I know you can make a drag-and-drop utility to do this with
FileTyper in Mac OS 9 and probably in classic.

	I recently saw a command line script that would do this type of
thing in Mac OS X on one of the other X mailing lists, but I didn't save it.

	Additionally, there are a few Mac OS X utilities to set the various
file parameters like type/creator codes, but I don't know if any of them
will do batch jobs or if they only work one file at a time.

--
* johann beda   <XNSName: =j-beda> <http://pobox.com/~j-beda/>   *

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.