[Mac OS X TeX] Type/Creator codes

J. Stark j.stark at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 28 11:38:16 EDT 2001

Note that there is a bug in the Cocoa Application Framework that prevents
Cocoa apps handling type/creator codes correctly, see

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1039.html

This may account for some of the problems that have been reported in this
direction. I don't know if it specifically affects TeXShop.

The above page also gives a patch that developers can include in their code
to fix this on a application by application basis, until Apple fixes the
bug.

Jaroslav

>	I think that some OS X programs save files with with either the
>file type as "????" or as blank.  I would hope that TeXShop would at least
>save them as file type TEXT, but I guess it doesn't.
>
>	Perhaps Excalibur should also check for any .tex or .txt extension?
>Or be able to drag and drop for any type of file?  Or for "????"/blank file
>types?
>
>--
>* johann beda   <XNSName: =j-beda> <http://pobox.com/~j-beda/>   *

Prof. Jaroslav Stark,                                 Tel:  +44-(0)20-7679-1368
Centre for Nonlinear Dynamics                         Fax:  +44-(0)20-7380-0986
  and its Applications                                E-Mail: j.stark at ucl.ac.uk
University College London,
Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK.

WWW: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucess2j/home.html