[Mac OS X TeX] Anyone _use_ OS X TeX for productivity?

Christian Smith csmith at barebones.com
Mon May 14 17:20:11 EDT 2001

On Monday, May 14, 2001 at 14:05, fwallenberg at mac.com (Fredrik Wallenberg)
wrote:

> On Monday, May 14, 2001, at 01:58 , Christian Smith wrote:
>
> >> I understand. However, can I add to the wish list an option in the
> >> "Save as" window to save in Mac style? (Right now I open a terminal
> >> and use tr to modify the file. Is there a better way to do it? BBEdit
> >> doesn't seem to recognize the Unix LFs, and gives me boxes instead.)
> >> This would make my life much easier when dealing with non-Unix
> >> coauthors (unfortunately the majority in my case).
> >
> > Make sure you have "Translate Line Breaks" turned on in the Text
> > Editing:Opening section of the BBEdit preferences. BBEdit reads and
> > writes Unix, DOS, Macintosh and even Unicode line endings
> > transparently when this option is enabled.
>
> Actually, I would argue that this simply isn't the case. I am using
> BBEdit 6.1.1 (OS X version) and I HAVE "Translate Line Breaks" turned on
> and still go the box.

Than the file may be malformed in some way. It may possibly have a mixture
of CRs and LFs such that BBEdit is treating the file as a file with
Macintosh line endings but also having random LFs in it.

Send me one of these files which exibits this behaviour and I'll look at
it.

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith at barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.