[Mac OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #21 - 05/26/01

Gershom (Jan M.L.) Martin comartin at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Sun May 27 02:13:49 EDT 2001

On Sat, 26 May 2001, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List wrote:

> MacOSX-TeX Digest #21 - Saturday, May 26, 2001
> >   Accents in PDF files using TeXShop
> >           by "Bruno Voisin" <Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr>
[...]
> > Has anyone been faced with this problem: using cmr fonts, \`a (a with
> > grave accent) is displayed properly on the screen but printed badly
> > (that is, the grave accent is printed at the proper place while the
> > letter "a" is translated approximately one character to the right)?
> >
> > This happens only when the PDF file generated by TeXShop is printed
> > using TeXShop itself or the Preview application. Everything works fine
> > when Acrobat Reader 5 is used to print the PDF.
When reading papers from the online edition of scientific journals,
Preview also does all sorts of funny font substitutions. We ended up
installing Acrobat Reader 5 and using that as the default.

As for TeX, I just use xdvi (copied over from a fink install on another
machine) together with the TeXshop teTeX executables.

Gershom

dr. Jan M.L. Martin          Senior Lecturer, Computational Chemistry
     Department of Organic Chemistry/Kimmelman Building, Room 262
        Weizmann Institute of Science/IL-76100 Rechovot/ISRAEL
Email:       comartin at wicc.weizmann.ac.il       Phone: +972(8)9342533
Web site:  http://theochem.weizmann.ac.il/        FAX: +972(8)9344142
"All our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike
--- and yet it is the most precious thing we have." --- Albert Einstein

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.