[Mac OS X TeX] Re: "Help" Needed Inserting A Graphic File in Textures

George Gratzer gratzer at cc.UManitoba.CA
Thu May 10 20:32:32 EDT 2001

<x-flowed iso-8859-1>At 8:00 PM -0400 5/10/01, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List wrote:
>Subject: "Help" Needed Inserting A Graphic File in Textures
>From: "Zachary Davis" <zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu>
>Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 18:29:28 -0500
>
>Thursday, 10 May 2001
>

>Hello,
>
>I'm sorry this is really off-topic, but can anyone who uses Textures
>explain how to include a .tiff image into a LaTeX document?  I know
>there is an \ includegraphics{} command, which I'm not too familiar
>with.  Is there something like drag and drop capabilities?  If I am
>limited to using the \includegraphics{} command, how do I position the
>graphic file, and how do I let Textures know where to look for the
>file?  I've tried looking at my LaTeX book, but it just seems difficult
>to tell where on the page the file should go with out some sort of grid
>overlaying the page...Please excuse my ignorance.
>
>Thanks,

>Zachary S. Davis
>Department of Aerospace Engineering
>University of Texas at Arlington
>P.O. Box 19032
>Arlington, TX 76019
>
>Home:	(817) 272-6418			zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
>Office:	(817) 272-5269
>
>          “Throughout the centuries there were men who took
>           first steps down new roads armed with nothing
>           but their own vision.”
>                                  -Ayn Rand

Use the \includegraphics command and have the hrapjics file in eps
format. That is all.

For more detail, see my chapter on graphics in my Math into LaTeX.

GG
--
George Gratzer
432A Machray Hall