[Mac OS X TeX] wish list

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 31 14:33:45 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>Stuff I'd like to see:

1. GUI s/w to manage those *.dtx and *.ins files
    -> allow installation for all users
    -> allow installation for just me
    -> other options?

2. GUI s/w to manage font use.  I don't know what fonts I can use
with (La)TeX!  And if I did know, I wouldn't know how to use them...
   -> manage installation of fonts
   -> font conversion (is there s/w to do this?)

3. GUI for storing/organizing (La)TeX code snippets.  Once I figure
out how to make a table look a certain way, I'd like to store that
somewhere and call it back up when I want it again.  I guess I could
do this with something like Notes
<http://homepage.mac.com/richards9/screens.html>, but I was thinking
this could also become something to allow the sharing of (La)TeX code
snippets.

4. get the bugs out of rtf2latex2e.  This little program shows a lot
of promise, but it just doesn't do a good enough job for me, yet.  It
sure would help me get off the MS-Word crutch.

5. Ports of NeXT (La)TeX stuff to Mac OS X.  If this is as easy as
Carbonizing, I'd think we'd be flooded with this stuff.  It must be a
lot harder, because I'd be hard pressed to name a single NeXT app
that's been ported to OS X.  My first thought is RBrowser, but that's
a re-write isn't it?

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.