[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop and BibTeX

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Tue May 8 11:59:43 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>
On Tuesday, May 8, 2001, at 05:27  PM, Arthur Ogus wrote:

> I'm having the same trouble.  According to a local expert, the trouble
> is the difference between LF (unix) and CR (Mac).  Bibtex expects
> ASCII input which is limited to 1052 (?) characters per line.  If you
> have a mac file, everything appears on the same line to unix.
>
> I haven't experimented enough to be sure he is right.
> -- Arthur Ogus

Thanks. Yes, he is right. I went back to 9.1 and opened both the .bib
file and the particular .bst file I was using (which wasn't one of the
.bst files in the standard distribution) in BBEdit and saved them with
the option "Unix line breaks". Back to OS X and TeXShop and everything
runs fine.

Which brings me to the following: I seem to remember that there is a
Unix script "mac2unix" that you can run in the command line to fix this
problem of different ways of coding the line breaks. However it seems to
be missing in OS X. Can anyone confirm its existence or even better,
tell me where I can find it?

Thanks again,
Martin Stokhof

"help" (no quotes) in the body.