[Mac OS X TeX] installing rtf2latex2e

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 9 17:11:11 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>Short question: has anyone installed the Unix distribution of rtf2latex2e?
./configure couldn't guess my host, how do I specify it?

Long question:

I'm new to the unix-type installation procedures.  I saw mention of
rtf2latex2e and thought it sounded interesting, so I made my way over
to <http://members.home.net/setlur/rtf2latex2e/> and downloaded the
Unix source.

The instructions say, of course:
./configure
make
make install

but when I ran ./configure, I got this:

localhost% ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host
type; you must specify one

Now what?

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.