[Mac OS X TeX] Carbon CMacTeX

Tom Kiffe tom at kiffe.com
Tue May 1 19:16:04 EDT 2001

Version 3.7 of CMacTeX contains a beta release of Carbon versions of all
of the programs included with CMacTeX. This includes tex, pdftex, dvips,
mf, mp, dvipdfm, bibtex, makeindex, macdvi, ghostview, and ps2pdf, among
others. Everything runs natively on OS X and interacts nicely with BBEdit 6.1
and Acrobat Reader 5.0. It is a beta release only because I still consider
OS X to be beta. It has been availble for several months, originally running
under OS X PB. It has been revised to take advantage of the changes in OS X
introduced with the full release.

For more information go to the CMacTeX Web Page at http://www.kiffe.com/cmactex.html. I will refrain from making any comparisons
with TeXShop or teTeX since my opinions are not unbiased.

Tom Kiffe

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.