[Mac OS X TeX] LaTeX AND MacOS X

Francesco Costanzo costanzo at lpcm.esm.psu.edu
Tue Nov 13 15:46:42 EST 2001

<x-flowed>>Hello from Tangari Gennaro Eduardo. I've a problem with TeXShop
>under MacOS X 10.1. Well, I've to compile my own file and I want to
>get a postscript .ps file, my I only get .pdf file. Wath I can do? I
>have to install other postscript font under OSX?
>Excuse me for my poor English, I'm Italian!
>Please help me! gennaro at mac.com

Dear Gennaro:

To fix your problem, you need to open the TeXShop preferences window
and, after clicking on the "Engine" tab, at the bottom of the "TeX +
Ghostscript" dialog check the box that reads "Save Postscript File".
In order for this to have any effect, you need to typeset your
document using "TeX + Ghostscript". This is done in one of several
ways:

[1] you can instruct TeXShop to typeset documents using "TeX +
Ghostscript" as the default typesetting mode. This is done by opening
the TeXShop preferences window and, after clicking on the
"Typesetting" tab, you can select "TeX + Ghostscript" as your
"default script".

[2] You can typeset using "TeX + Ghostscript" on an as needed basis
by selecting the TeX + Ghostscript typesetting script from the
TeXShop "Typesetting" menu.

[3] You can place the following string at the very top of your .tex
file: %&latex.
     If you want to use pdflatex instead you can put the following
string at the very top of your .tex file: %&pdflatex.

Option [3] is the one that I use.

By the way, I am Italian too. :-)

--
Best Regards,
Francesco Costanzo

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Address: Engineering  Science and  Mechanics  Department
          The Pennsylvania State University
          212 Earth and Engineering Sciences Bldg.
          University Park, PA 16802-1401
          USA
Phone:   (814)863-2030
Fax:     (814)863-7967