[Mac OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop External Editors

Mark Smith markds at mac.com
Wed Nov 14 13:18:43 EST 2001

<x-flowed>
On Wednesday, November 14, 2001, at 06:37 , Jon Guyer wrote:

> At 11:43 AM -0500 11/14/01, William Adams wrote:
>
>> As I've said previously, using the extant Services facilities strikes
>> me
>> as the easiest / most natural, but has the unfortunate consequence of
>> requiring that support in the External Editor---Do any of these (other
>> than TextEdit.app) support this yet?
>
> As long as Apple sticks to the perplexing requirement of Cocoa-only for
> Services, Alpha certainly won't.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I understand that services have been
available in Carbon since 10.1. Now whether anybody has implemented them
or not is another question. They (services) are rather high up on
Apple's feature tree for OS X "citizenship" (along with drawers and such
like) so its not so surprising that Carbon developers have other things
to worry about for the time being.

mark.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.