[Mac OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop External Editors

Chris Goedde goedde at cascade.phy.depaul.edu
Wed Nov 14 15:52:48 EST 2001

Jon Guyer wrote,

> The Finder is a badly written app. I'm not sure that means it's Carbon.

As I recall, upon the introduction of OS X Apple made a big deal
about the Finder being a Carbon app, to advertise the use of Carbon.

> I'd certainly happy to learn otherwise, but all indications I've
> gotten are that Carbon doesn't get Services. We're certainly having
> to rewrite enough other code to support X (and just to make things
> work better) that I don't have a problem making changes to Alpha for
> Services, but I don't plan to waste any time at it until I see some
> definitive indications that Apple supports it.

Take a look at "Setting Up Your Carbon Application to Use the Services
Menu" at

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Carbon/HumanInterfaceToolbox/MenuManager/appser
vices/index.html

--