[Mac OS X TeX] Quartz and OS 10.1.1

V. Vatsal vatsal at math.ubc.ca
Sun Nov 25 16:23:58 EST 2001

I'd vote for gs 7, personally. The font embedding is much better.

 What's the exact problem with gs 7 and Quartz? If I remember correctly, it
has to do with mixing pk and type 1 fonts in the same document. Since I
almost never use pk fonts, this isn't a problem for me. Although I guess
there aren't yet free Type 1 versions of European Modern, so maybe this is
a serious issue for some people.

--On Sunday, November 25, 2001 10:13 PM +0100 Gerben Wierda
<sherlock at rna.nl> wrote:

> On Sunday, November 25, 2001, at 06:48 , Arun Mangalam wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have the latest Ghostscript installed? If so, does 10.1.1
>> work well now. It would be nice to use the latest Ghostscript instead
>> of using GS 6...
>
> This problem has not been fixed in 10.1.1 so I still am @ GS 6. However,
> there seem to be other problems with gs6 hat gs7 fixes so there might be
> a choice of evils here. If people convince me 7 is the better choice
> (even if the multiple font problem remains) I'll upgrade my package.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

-------
Vinayak Vatsal
Department of Mathematics