TeXShop External Editors (was Re: [Mac OS X TeX] BBEdit plug-ins for teTeX)

Jon Guyer jguyer at his.com
Wed Nov 14 12:37:05 EST 2001

<x-flowed>At 11:43 AM -0500 11/14/01, William Adams wrote:

>As I've said previously, using the extant Services facilities strikes me
>as the easiest / most natural, but has the unfortunate consequence of
>requiring that support in the External Editor---Do any of these (other
>than TextEdit.app) support this yet?

As long as Apple sticks to the perplexing requirement of Cocoa-only
for Services, Alpha certainly won't.

I would think that Bare Bones' external editor suite would be an
appropriately democratic place to start:

<http://www.barebones.com/support/developer/odbsuite.html>

I implemented the client end for Alpha in about 200 lines of
verbosely commented Tcl code.

--

   Jonathan E. Guyer
   <http://www.his.com/jguyer/>