[Mac OS X TeX] Up to date teTeX.dmg release

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Thu Nov 1 14:05:23 EST 2001

<x-flowed>After all the confusion, there is a final October release for teTeX.dmg,
which has been released on November 1, 2001, the day my daughter took
her first independent steps (yeah! 8-)

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/teTeX-2001-11-01-01-34-47.dmg

or

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/teTeX.dmg

All teTeX.dmg's released over the last couple of days work for
everything, with the exception of margin kerning. If you do not wnat to
download an entire dmg, download update-protcode.tar.gz and execute the
update_protcode script therein, it also is updated.

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/update-protcode.tar.gz

I append the ChangeLog.

Gerben

This is ChangeLog.txt for teTeX and GS on Mac OS X

2001-11-01
- Released as teTeX-2001-11-01-01-34-47.dmg

2001-10-31
- *Really* Patched version of protcode.tex for Margin Kerning with
pdfTeX 1.00
   (I forgot to put it in the texmf tree, I forgot to change \div and
\mul, and
   my installer script stank. Bad day).)

2001-10-30:
- Updated pdftex from patched 20010417 (.14h) to 20010806 (1.00a)
- Patched version of protcode.tex for Margin Kerning with pdfTeX 1.00

Oct 2001 release, major changes:
- This file introduced on Oct 21, 2001
- latex base and required files updated in teTeX's texmf tree
- latex misc and tools directories
- texconfig, fmtutil and fmtutil.cnf updated as received from Thomas
Esser
- added bibtool and updated natbib (texmf)
- added revtex (texmf.macosx)
- added ppower4, pdfslide and pdfscreen (texmf.macosx)
- ppower4 java postprocessor (
- added ifmslide, foiltex (texmf.macosx)
- added texpower (texmf which it's makefile does by itself)
- updated epstopdf (eol style, differently implemented, not in-memory,
added
	--eol={cr,lf,crlf} flag to use with --filter (when auto detection
	of eol style is not implemented)
- removed epstopdfwrap
- User texmf trees do not use texhash anymore. See
/usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf
	installdmg removes existing ~/Library/texmf/ls-R hash files for all
	users
- turned on spanish hyphenation availability by default (texmf)
- installer saves the current texmf.cnf in texmf.cnf.<timestamp> before
	removing the file. The tar.gz installs a fresh one. If the contents
	of the new one are equal to the old one, the backup is removed.
- moved texmf.cnf to texmf.macosx and created a symbolic link to it. I
can
	then later on update the texmf.macosx version without disturbing when
	someone has set the link to point to a different file
- Upgraded memory sizes in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.macosx/texmf.cnf

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.