[Mac OS X TeX] editors

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Wed Nov 21 12:26:32 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi Holger -

I did a similar switch .. and I was very fond of Alpha. I am still
waiting for an OSX version - but in the meantime I use BBEdit 6.5 ... it
has a subset of the Alpha/TeX features, does not include many of the TeX
drop-down menus, but it also has certain other file-oriented functions
that are very powerful. Perhaps there are some BBEdit plugins, that give
the same capability for LaTeX editing as BBEdit already contains for
HTML?

- Hemant

On Wednesday, November 21, 2001, at 12:16 PM, Holger Schulz wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> i just discovered this list and now I should count as newbie here. So it
> might be, that the questions I have have already been discussed. Let me
> now
> if I'm boring you.
>
> I'm working a O MacOS X machine for three days. TeX is the most
> important
> applcation to me. Formerly I've been working with OzTeX and Alpha under
> MacOS 9.x.
>
> I found the TeXShop and I thing it's a good one. Clicking one button and
> receiving a PDF output is very Mac like. But i'm used to various
> features
> of Alpha and so I'm looking for a similar one for X or a possibilty to
> use
> the 9 version of Alpha together with teTex.
>
> has anybody an idea? Which editors do you use with OS X?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> hs

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.