teTeX mod for Mac fonts (was Re: [Mac OS X TeX] Font question)

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 6 12:44:46 EST 2001

<x-flowed>At 11:24 AM -0500 11/6/01, William Adams wrote:
>Gerben asked:
>  >So, for the Mac OS X fonts, I need to know:
>  >1. Where is the .pfb content? (resource fork? special format?)
>
>There aren't any .pfbs, or Type 1 fonts bundled with Mac OS X (We don't
>
>  >2. Where is the .afm content?
>
>There aren't any, see above :(

I admit ignorance on many font issues, so I'm a little lost here.
Are you saying that there is information that TeX needs to know about
a font but is not included in Mac OS X fonts?

If so: why does teTeX need info that OS X doesn't?
If not: there must be some way of getting teTeX to support OS X fonts

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.