[Mac OS X TeX] Seminar/Landscape

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sat Oct 27 10:23:46 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>On Saturday, October 27, 2001, at 02:10 , Hemant Bhargava wrote:

> Yes I've tried pdflatex too, with the same results.

Did you try Acrobat 5 (and maybe 4) for displaying? It sounds silly, but
the fllowing modes of viewing PDF
differ on Mac OS X:

1 - Cocoa apps on Mac OS X (TeXShop, Preview)
2 - Carbon apps on Mac OS X (Acrobat 5)
3 - Carbon apps (Acrobat 5) on Mac OS 9 or Classic apps (Acrobat 4)
either on OS 9 or Classic under OS X

The list is in decreasing display niceness and increasing functionality.
I.e. buttons and links do not work at all in 1 and perfectly in 3.
Quartz has various bug and incompleteness issues, hence the problems
with 1. But thinking about it a bit more, I think landscape vs portrait
is not one of those problems, so it is a tex issue.

(Dynamic presentations, though, only display well with Acrobat 4 under
Classic or Acrobat 5 under OS 9. To prevent the rebooting, I have
installed Acrobat 4.05 on my system as well.)

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.