[Mac OS X TeX] small dots disappear in Quartz

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 30 11:19:47 EST 2001

<x-flowed>At 9:54 AM +1100 10/30/01, Ross Moore wrote:
>Are the dots clean squares of pixels, or are they anti-aliased?

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at...  When I increase the
scaling in Preview.app, I can eventually see that there are a bunch
of small, overlapping circles; but definitely circles.

>If the former, then try using Ghostscript to render the image,
>with anti-aliasing on for graphics primitives (not just for fonts)
>  --- there is a setting   GRAPH_ALPHA_BITS ,  I think.
>When you've got that working, use Ghostscript to write the image as
>PDF (e.g. with a modification to the epstopdf Perl script) and try
>viewing this in Acrobat.

We've just left my sphere of knowledge surrounding Ghostscript.  If
you or someone else can tell me what to type into gs or some such, I
can handle that.

I have viewed this PDF with Acrobat Reader 5 in OS X and it
_does_not_ exhibit this problem.  I can reduce the scale down to
about 0.08 and I still see the blue blob.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.