[Mac OS X TeX] problem with new teTeX

Gary L. Gray gray at lpcm.esm.psu.edu
Sat Oct 27 21:51:13 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>On 10/28/2001 at 10:28 AM +1100, Ross Moore wrote:

>  > >If I remove the bb specification and still use pdfTeX, then
>>  >everything is normal again.
>>
>>  At least I am not alone. :-)
>
>My experience with pdfTeX under Unix (from before TeXshop arrived,
>and subsequently) is that the  viewport = .... option
>to \includegraphics  (from graphicx package) only works properly
>in conjunction with the  'clip' option.
>
>You must use (something like):
>
>  \includegraphics[viewport= llx lly urx ury,clip]{myimage}
>
>to get just the desired portion of the image showing.

I just tried it and it still doesn't work as before. The odd thing is
that it worked perfectly before without the clip option.

Either something has broken in the most recent teTeX or something was
broken before and at least three people (me, F. Costanzo, and Bruno
Voisin) found out how to work around it without knowing it. :-)

Any other thoughts?

Best regards,

--
    Gary L. Gray