[Mac OS X TeX] New teTeX.dmg in the works

Michael A. Doncheski mad10 at psu.edu
Thu Oct 11 20:21:01 EDT 2001

On October 11, Gerben Wierda writes:
> Some of you may know of my teTeX distribution. As soon as I receive the
> 10.1 developer stuff, I will update the current release.

Thanks so much for your efforts!  It's so nice to have a
complete, free version of TeX available!

> I'll have another go at replacing gs6.01 with gs6.50.
>
> I am wondering if there are other requests. And I am wondering if
> someone has already performed all the magic for the second one
> (fonts) above so that I can just run the necessary scripts on my
> system and add the results to the TeX distribution.

I currently have gs6.01 (from your teTeX distribution) and a
self-compiled gs6.50 (which includes XWindow support).  The last
time I updated teTeX, it overwrote my gs binary, and I lost X
support.  Reinstalling my version required a minor effort, but
it seems a waste to need two distict versions of gs.  Is it
possible for you to include a gs binary compiled with XWindow
support?  Do I even need to install your version of gs if I have
another working version?

					Thanks again,
					    Mike
--

Michael A. Doncheski --- Physicist at large --- Penn State - Mont Alto
     mad10 at psu.edu                             miked_63 at yahoo.com
          (717) 749-6246 (phone)        (717) 749-6069 (fax)
                    http://jpsi.ma.psu.edu/~mad10

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.