[Mac OS X TeX] Seminar/Landscape

J.Huelsmann J.Huelsmann at tu-bs.de
Sun Oct 28 06:04:41 EST 2001

<x-flowed iso-8859-1>Maybe it´s only the previewers fault?
Try to open the .ps with MacGSView for MacOS X (it´s free, but I
don´t have the URL at hand; search at
http://www.versiontracker.com/vt_mac_osx.shtml). When the page is
chopped off, select the "Rerender Page" menu entry.
Hope this helps.
--Jan--

>Hi -
>
>I am using the "seminar" package to create slides, and am having
>some difficulty in generating landscape slides -- I've tried this in
>both CMacTeX and TeXShop on OSX.
>
>The problem is that the pages show up in portrait mode, with the
>right part of the landscape page chopped off. This is true for all
>cases: .dvi, .ps, and .pdf.
>
>I have tried various variants and combinations of the following:
>
>\documentclass[slidesonly,landscape]{seminar}
>%\documentclass[slidesonly]{seminar}
>\renewcommand{\printlandscape}{\special{landscape}}
>%\def\printlandscape{\special{landscape}}
>
>Before this I was successfully able to generate landscape slides
>using OzTeX on OS 9 -- but in order to get landscape slides, I had
>to go into the dvi previewer, switch the view to landscape mode, and
>then run dvips. I don't find an equivalent step when using either
>CMacTeX or TeXShop.
>
>Any thoughts appreciated .. thanks in advance.
>
>- Hemant Bhargava

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.