[Mac OS X TeX] OS X 10.1: pros and cons!

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Oct 9 16:20:15 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>Hello,

I just switched to OS X 10.1 from 10.0 (French localization), and
noticed something strange: in TeXShop 1.13, the Page Setup menu item is
available for the source (.tex) window but unavailable for the typeset
(.pdf) window. As far as I remember, this wasn't so in OS X 10.0.

By the way, for those considering to switch to OS X 10.1: yes, things
are faster, but strange things happen too! For example, in Mail, there
are some attachments I can no longer view (Mail complains it cannot find
them, whereas I can still see them in the corresponding mbox files, in
MIME form, and in OS X 10.0 they were visible), and some - other -
mailboxes have unexpectedly become read-only (I finally had to suppress
the extension .mbox of these mailboxes and change the Locked attribute
of the mbox files inside them, which had become Locked without my ever
asking so). This happened after I attempted to import my old Eudora
mailboxes in Mail, using the Import function, but I doubt that's
connected, and the problems I mention affect recent mailboxes, not the
Eudora ones.

Sorry for the off-topic stuff. Does anybody know a place or mailing list
discussing these things?

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.