[Mac OS X TeX] Package for slides... looking for recommendations

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Oct 27 22:24:52 EDT 2001

> >I'm looking for recommendation on WHICH Slides package to use. I
> >haven't installed or used any of them so I'm ready to try whichever
> >is "best". Which are the options and which are the trade-offs? Has
> >anyone put together a website describing the alternatives... if not
> >I might get one started based on the responses to this email.
> >
> >FYI I'm using TexShop/Tetex.
> >
> >Fredrik
> >

> Hi
>
> You could have a look at
>
> http://www.miwie.org/presentations/

That's an interesting site.
But it misses a couple of the best options:

Marslides:  http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~wgm/WARM/slides/

(based on TeXpower, graphicx, hyperref, etc.
 solves many compatibility problems, and is very extensible)

ConTeXt:  http://www.pragma-ade.com/

(very sophisticated replacement for LaTeX, based on pdfTeX;
 links with MetaPost for generating graphics)

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> Michael
> --
> Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
> Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
> 3696
> University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
> Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
> Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
> PGP public key:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.