[Mac OS X TeX] request: autorefresh

Philippe Lelédy phl at leledy.org
Wed Sep 19 11:20:53 EDT 2001

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Paulo Abreu wrote:

> The feature I miss most while working with TeX under MacOSX is a ps/pdf
> previewer with autorefresh -- that is, with the feature to reload and

> moves to the saved position. Is it possible to write a script that does this?
>
> Paulo

I wrote a simple script, after reading xdvi sources: to have autorefresh
feature, scan every second the timestamp of the file, and if it has
changed, issue
open -a <app's name> <file-name>

preview.app isn't clever enough for remenbering scale factor, but TeXShop
is.

Salutations.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.