[Mac OS X TeX] paths & the terminal - command line no longer works

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sat Sep 29 22:49:53 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>On 09/29/2001 at 10:07 PM -0400, Arun Mangalam wrote:

>It worked before because you used Wierda's nice package to install
>tetex. The installer sets paths in one of the files [I'm not sure
>which] in the directory "/usr/share/init/tcsh". The paths that it
>sets is just the directory of tex binaries:
>"/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin1.3.7". You can set that
>path in your home directory, OR, like the installer, set it again in
>[maybe?] "/usr/share/init/tcsh/environment" and hope that Apple
>doesn't it overwrite the file again :).

You are quite correct! I did reinstall using Wierda's teTeX and it
still did not work. I forgot that I needed to log out and then log
back in. Now it works like a charm (again). The file that appears to
be the relevant one is:

/usr/share/init/tcsh/login

which has the lines:

# teTeX modifications have been added Sat Sep 29 10:55:15 EDT 2001
##
set path = ( ${path} /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin1.3.7 )
setenv MANPATH "${MANPATH}:/usr/local/teTeX/man:/usr/local/man"

Thank you!

--
    Gary L. Gray
    Associate Professor