[Mac OS X TeX] Graphics package and pdfTeX

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Sep 19 11:07:42 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>Hi,

This is more a question about pdfTeX than TeXShop itself. Here it is:

Is the LaTeX graphics package (as opposed to graphicx) notoriously
incompatible with pdfTeX? Is there a workaround? I am including a PDF
image, which I want LaTeX to think of a different size than it actually
is. With the graphicx package this works perfectly using:

\includegraphics[bb=0 0 380 380]{imagename.pdf}

or equivalent formulations in terms of the keys "viewport" or "trim".
However, I would prefer to use the graphics package, and none of the
supposedly equivalent

\includegraphics[380,380]{imagename.pdf}

or

\includegraphics[0,0][380,380]{imagename.pdf}

does work (everything I get is blank empty space). Needless to say, with
EPS files and the TeX + GhostScript option of TeXShop, all formulations
are equivalent and work well.

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.