[OS X TeX] problem with page sizes -- PS

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Apr 24 05:17:41 EDT 2002

Thanks Gerben and Piet,

I have found a fix:

On the laptop (which works) there are some lines

@ unknown 0in 0in
@+ statusdict /setpageparams known { hsize vsize 0 1 statusdict begin {
@+ setpageparams } stopped end } { true } ifelse { statusdict /setpage known
@+ { hsize vsize 1 statusdict begin { setpage } stopped pop end } if } if

at the bottom of

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/dvips/config/config.ps

but which are not there in the desktop (which doesn't work).

The teTeX version on the desktop is  200203271131
fromm /usr/local/teTeX/TeXGSInstaller.version

The teTeX version on the laptop is   200203271131
which is the same !!

I don't know how the config.ps ends up different.  When I copy those
lines across to the desktop config.ps the problem goes away.

I just checked my wifes machine which exhibited the same problem. She
doesn't have those lines and she has tetex version  200203151318
which was the version my desktop has when I first discovered the problem.

Thanks again.

Regards - Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt