[OS X TeX] Bibitem label options

Marcelo LaFleur mlafleur at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 28 11:52:36 EDT 2002

on 4/28/02 3:43, Ross Moore at ross at ics.mq.edu.au wrote:

>> Do I understand correctly that by calling that package I will then be able
>> to cite with 'round' and 'colon' options (by default) without any extra
>> configuration on my part (simply by using /cite{} )?

> Yes; but (ahem!) it is  \cite{....}  .
                          ^
Oops!!  :-D

>> Thanks for the clarification.

> You're welcome; but...

> ... you haven't yet said whether it worked as you wanted.  :-)

Heh, I'm getting ready for a presentation and I don't want to start playing
with it until after, just in case there is a crisis. I'll present my current
draft with the {plain} style and then move on with the correct format.
I'll post whatever my results are then. Thanks again for the great help.

 --
 Marcelo T. LaFleur
 Fordham University

>>> Try  \usepackage[authoryear]{natbib} .
>>>
>>> That should suppress the numbers, since (from natbib.sty) :
>>>
>>> \DeclareOption{authoryear}{\NAT at numbersfalse
>>>  \ExecuteOptions{round,colon,bibstyle}}
>>>
>>> so that you get the 'round' and 'colon' options automatically.
>>> (You can override these by adding extra options.)
>>> The 'bibstyle'  option simply means that the \bibstyle  and  \citestyle
>>> macros
>>> do the same thing, rather than having different meanings.

>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Ross Moore

>>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.