[OS X TeX] Bibitem label options

Marcelo LaFleur mlafleur at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 26 21:47:19 EDT 2002

I'll try that, but what I want is for the Bibliography entry NOT to have the
label shown.

The problem I have is that if I have a label in the bibitem, it shows in the
beginning of the bibliography item (eg: "[Canzonery:01]"). I don't want this
in the bibliography itself, but if I remove the label, it defaults to
numbers and I can't cite in the text.

on 4/26/02 20:35, Fredrik Wallenberg at fwallenberg at mac.com wrote:

> I'm not sure if I understand you, but using natbib will give you full
> name citations both in the text and in the Bibliography. The following
> is from my preamble:
>
> % Bibliography settings
> \usepackage[round]{natbib} %\cite{} for name (00) and \citep{} for (name
> 00)
> \bibliographystyle{plainnat}
>

> On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 05:25 , Marcelo LaFleur wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want my citation to appear in the text with the correct label, but I
>> don't
>> want a label or a number to appear in the Bibliography entry. Is there
>> a way
>> to achieve this?
>>
>> Marcelo

>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.