[OS X TeX] alphatk...

Vince Darley vince.darley at eurobios.com
Fri Aug 2 04:55:04 EDT 2002

At 08:00 PM 8/1/2002 -0400, Sam wrote:
>One of things I miss most is not having spell check
>while you type.

I don't believe any version of Alpha has ever had spell check _while_ you
type.  If we could interoperate with a spell-checker through apple-events,
(i.e. send the spell-checker a block of text in the background, and it
returns the words it doesn't recognise) it would actually be quite easy to
add this functionality, however.

Anyone know if such a spell-checker exists, especially one which is LaTeX
aware?  I don't believe one can make excalibur work in this way...

Assuming Excalibur runs on OSX, of course the latest Alphatk should be able
to communicate with it in just the same way that Alpha used to.

Vince.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.