[OS X TeX] Alphatk/spellcheck + Alphatk bug (?) report

Gérard Degrez degrez at vki.ac.be
Mon Aug 12 07:06:12 EDT 2002

>At 08:00 PM 8/8/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>And what about the ability to communicate with the CocoAspell
>>service, like TeXShop or iTeXMac?
>>Is it already possible, or envisaged?
>
>That isn't currently implemented, but alphatk can happily
>communicate with anything that can deal with apple-events.

Note: I tried to use the CocoAspell service with Alphatk by selecting
it as Spell Check Helper application, but this didn't work.
Do I understand correctly that this means that the CocoAspell service
cannot deal with apple-events? Or else that Alphatk doesn't send the
apple-event required by CocoAspell?

>Also note: Alphatk and AlphaTcl are open source (but Alphatk is not
>'free'), so if you want to add something like this, it isn't that
>difficult...

I'm afraid that probably exceeds my (very limited) programming
skills. I'm just a poor LaTeX user.

Also, (a bit off-topic) I'd like to report the following bug. Alphatk
doesn't seem to support dead keys: with a French keyboard, I don't
have access to the caret (circumflex) character, which is a serious
problem for writing LaTeX documents.

Gérard Degrez

"help" (no quotes) in the body.