[OS X TeX] MathTimes-Textures to Mac OS X?

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Fri Aug 9 15:58:20 EDT 2002

Le vendredi 9 août 2002, à 08:24 , Dave McCollum a écrit :

> Following Bruno's suggestion, I found a solution that does work. You
> will need to edit one of the updmap.cfg files. If you are using the
> hierarchy suggested by Bruno, you will want to edit this file:
>
>  /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/updmap.cfg
>
> It is likely that it may not exist yet, so you'll probably have to copy
> it from
>
>  /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/

I'm surprised it doesn't exist on your setup, in mine it was already
there and contains, in addition to the lines already in
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg, the supplementary lines:

Map antp.map
Map antt.map
Map charter.map
Map cmcyr.map
Map context.map
Map marvosym.map
Map mathpple-ext.map
Map omega.map
Map pazo.map
Map pxfonts.map
Map qbk.map
Map qcr.map
Map qhv.map
Map qpl.map
Map qtm.map
Map qzc.map
Map txfonts.map
Map utopia.map
Map xypic.map

MixedMap bsr-interpolated.map
MixedMap bsr.map
MixedMap cs.map
MixedMap hoekwater.map
MixedMap pl.map

#! Map wolfram.map
Map lucidabr.map
Map mathpi.map

# See comments in doc/fonts/belleek/README about using mt-belleek.map
# instead of mt-yy.map:
#! mt-belleek.map
Map mt-yy.map
Map mt-plus.map
Map cm-super-t1.map
Map cm-super-ts1.map
Map cm-super-t2a.map
Map cm-super-t2b.map
Map cm-super-t2c.map
Map cm-super-x2.map

However, if I understood well an earlier message by Gerben, the way the
updmap script works in teTeX has been changed a couples of months ago.
Since my installation of teTeX/TeXShop dates some while back, and has
been modified many times, my updmap.cfg file may have been created by
some installer in relation to this older updmap script.

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.